Children of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of the Elements

The main social hub to the Children of the Elements.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leadership.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yin
Mentoring Committee
Yin

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Leadership.   Leadership. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 pm

When we get closer to it I would like to discuss this more in depth, but I will not be leading the team in DCUO. I believe I'll be retiring Yin after Champions. I have another character in my mind that I would like to bring into DCUO, and Yin most likely won't be one of them. I grow weary of developers ignoring Wind Manipulation, and I'm tired of hoping and planning on such a thing existing in today's MMOs. Yin will never be fully realized without a set like this, and frankly, I'm tired of having to "roleplay" other powers that "look" like Wind.

Besides, I cannot man all three ships in all three games. As said, we'll figure this out once DCUO comes closer to Open Beta, but I just wanted to put that out onto the table.
Back to top Go down
https://cote.rpg-board.net
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership.   Leadership. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Quote :
When we get closer to it I would like to discuss this more in depth, but I will not be leading the team in DCUO. I believe I'll be retiring Yin after Champions. I have another character in my mind that I would like to bring into DCUO, and Yin most likely won't be one of them. I grow weary of developers ignoring Wind Manipulation, and I'm tired of hoping and planning on such a thing existing in today's MMOs. Yin will never be fully realized without a set like this, and frankly, I'm tired of having to "roleplay" other powers that "look" like Wind.

Besides, I cannot man all three ships in all three games. As said, we'll figure this out once DCUO comes closer to Open Beta, but I just wanted to put that out onto the table.

Say it isn't so!!!!!

I saw a video with wind in it, a character created a tornado from his hands, and i also saw a guy make an earth quake which he had full control over, moving it in the direction of foes and missing innocent bystanders....so there is hope....i only fear that this game may not let you chose any power you want.

But i agree i had to retire Light Force...at least for the time, i did come up with a new all elemental character that ill have to be very creative with in champions.

As for leading it depends, i hope they allow cross platform because my friends are dying for this game and ill want to play on Playstation 3 with them, however if they don't allow that ill have to debate...my computer could handle the game.

I did brainstorm some ideas fr how to bring this team into the DC world, we know how they have alternate earths in DC which was corrected by Infinity Crisis and all that jazz and one of the things that series did was fold characters over into there plan of existence.

1 We can either have an alternate but equal treatment of the team, with alternate history to account for the Supermans of the World...so we existed in that world the whole time.
or
2. We could keep our history and the such and have us pulled into that world and have an alternate time line like the Star Trek movie....so we would have a prime time line, our team in this game and our team in another game.
Back to top Go down
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership.   Leadership. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 pm

There's no reason for being forced to choose 1 or 2. It's 1 AND 2.

While I can have Morcalivan travel to different universes expanding his storyline.

I can also have alternate versions to battle with from that universe.

Maybe in Marvel, Morcalivan may be an X-Man controlling fire? Maybe in DC he's an assassin controlling ice?

All the while, the real, CotE / Dark Shroud Universe Morcalivan is just stepping through portals.

Maybe there's a small crew of CotE who don't match the 'real' CotE roster at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership.   Leadership. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:57 am

i just briefly brainstormed ideas...there are tons of possibilities for us being in the DC or Marvel Universe
Back to top Go down
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership.   Leadership. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 am

We can do a test run with a CoX universe RP before Champs releases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership.   Leadership. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Quote :

actually to be honest after my last playtest, i too agree with you. The game already feels quite stale with me, and seeing what other company's are doing with there games it also feels dated...like picking superheroes only, yeah City of Heroes had that when it first came out like 5 years ago and they updated it to include the other side, and now they have a whole rogue allegiance (pick villain archetypes and play as heroes) the big thing going with this game was customization and i'll leave it at that as to not break the NDA.

I can see why you might wanna retire an elemental, none of these games get it right. If DCU, Marvel or whatever dont create a good Wind and Earth (quakes and plant control) i'll also give up trying to make one. I hate having to RP something as something else. So im with yeah buddy Smile

Maybe will have to conform to some other theme that isn't limited to what the developers allows like a Silver/Golden age team like The Icons, or a dark themed, or maybe even a beast themed (think Thunder Cats, Silverhawks, Tiger Sharks...those shows where hella cool)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leadership. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership.   Leadership. Empty

Back to top Go down

Leadership.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Children of the Elements :: Detective Comics Universe Online :: DCUO Gaming News-
Jump to: