Children of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of the Elements

The main social hub to the Children of the Elements.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just read this tid bit on DCU

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

Just read this tid bit on DCU Empty
PostSubject: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Well, just having the option of playing as a villain from the start is quite a plus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/
Yin
Mentoring Committee
Yin

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Honestly, I think DCUO is going to win out here simply because they seem to be sticking more true to the genre, and that's key. CO does it somewhat, but since DCUO is full of DC fanboys, nerds, geeks, and what have you, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of designs, systems, etc. leaning in favor of respect to the genre. And I also read Wind. cheers They were talking about building a Flash character, and then customizing the wind to come out of his hands. That brightened up my day.
Back to top Go down
https://cote.rpg-board.net
nickowow
Mentoring Committee
nickowow

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:48 am

DCU seems good...but limiting. I mean, apparently you only get one power choice, or that's what it looked like. That won't work for a lot of my characters (Slayer has fire auras and blades. I don't think both would be covered.)

However, the graphics are fantastic, and what powers you CAN get look amazing. I look forward to mid air flipping over everyone Razz
Back to top Go down
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Quote :
DCU seems good...but limiting. I mean, apparently you only get one power choice, or that's what it looked like. That won't work for a lot of my characters (Slayer has fire auras and blades. I don't think both would be covered.)

However, the graphics are fantastic, and what powers you CAN get look amazing. I look forward to mid air flipping over everyone Razz

yeah i agree somewhat....however i think your power would be fire and you'd be able to chose blades...if your allowed to customize your weapon or choose a fiery blade is still unknown....however what i really like is the stats you can manipulate later....champions has its system....but DCU one appears better.
Back to top Go down
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-dc-universe/50745

there is an earthquake defensive power that just looks so cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
nickowow
Mentoring Committee
nickowow

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Remote. Control. Earthquake.

I'm in love Very Happy

In all seriousness, it looks a good bit better than CO did in any of the vids. It's much more polished. I do wonder about the "defensive" powers though. It seems like he changed an entire set. That, and acrobatics looks...unacrobatic. Just more jumping really. I hope a good animation gets added to that.

Also, the hammer was pretty cool! I'm getting excited for this game. If only I could find their forums...
Back to top Go down
Noble
Student of the Elements
Student of the Elements
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:32 pm

I don't know, I'm not too impressed. I prefer living in a world that seems more original and new than entering in one that's been established and is pretty concrete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just read this tid bit on DCU   Just read this tid bit on DCU Empty

Back to top Go down

Just read this tid bit on DCU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Children of the Elements :: Detective Comics Universe Online :: DCUO Gaming News-
Jump to: