Children of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of the Elements

The main social hub to the Children of the Elements.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Water Faction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yin
Mentoring Committee
Yin

The Water Faction Empty
PostSubject: The Water Faction   The Water Faction EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm

The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction The Water Faction 636477
Quote :
Ability to control, generate or absorb water.

Descriptions written by Solstice and nickowow

The great oceans have always been a mystery to mankind. While we drank from their rivers and built great empires along their shores, the possibilities that lie in wait of us in the depths have always intrigued and terrified us. You could be one of the more inspired adventurers, drawing your powers from ancient artifacts scavenged from ocean floor. Maybe you are one of the many exotic and unique species that make their home in the deep blue. You might even communicate with or command the creatures of the sea, or perhaps the sea itself! The waters bring life to many things, both gentle and vicious, from the caring healer to the diehard avenger. If your hero commands, serves, or identifies with water in any or all its forms then this is the faction for you.

The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477

Water is the element of moisture and temperature(Cold). It was made to balance the oppressive heat, to provide fluidity and cool for basic life functions. It\'s oceans and seas act as coolants and harbor much of the life on earth. Water soon became the blood the ran through all veins, the substance that moved the gears of life. It moves life and time forward in it\'s constant ebb and flow. In humans, Water is Inspiration, Life, Compassion, Emotion(and the lack there of), Intelligence, and Time.

The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477 The Water Faction 636477

Examples: List of Water Manipulators, Hydro-Man, Sailor Mercury, Namor, Katara & Iceman

The video below is a video montage from the Nickelodeon series, “Avatar: The Last Airbender”. The video shows an impressive amount of different uses for ‘Waterbending’ as it is referred to in the show. Please note the various uses of the power:

Waterbending Video

Do I need Water Powers to be placed in the Water Faction?

Simple answer is no. To help you out, let here's a quote from one such character design.

Morcalivan7 wrote:
Morcalivan is a touch based psychic who first became aware of his powers after encountering his other personality embodying his starved intellilectual mind. He later would find out that his psychic power has been pooling into his shadow for years, creating this personality and giving it life to live and learn subconciously as he slept. Lord Morcalivan would be born from this aquiring Shadow Powers versus Morcalivan's touch psionics.

Now in order to determine what faction he belonged in. Instead of choosing Wind which held the position for Mind users, I decided instead to look at his personality as the character just didn't seem to fit with Wind in my mind. So I looked at Water, I looked at the reflections it creates which could represent multiple personalities. I looked at the tides and therefore the moon and how it is related to darkness both in a supernatural sense and it's ability to not only eclipse the sun, but also in that is has a light and dark side to it as well. Since the moon is also listed as part of the Water Faction, I in the end decided that Water Faction was the place for Morcalivan without a doubt despite the fact that he uses powers clearly placed in the Wind Faction.

Last edited by Yin on Wed May 27, 2009 11:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cote.rpg-board.net
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

The Water Faction Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Faction   The Water Faction EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Added quote earlier.

Added Namor and Iceman.

While Iceman uses water to produce ice, Namor doesn't even have water powers, but instead lives in water.

I think these are some good additions for possible Water Faction member examples.

Also added a list of water manipulators page link.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/

The Water Faction
Page 1 of 1