Children of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of the Elements

The main social hub to the Children of the Elements.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement Empty
PostSubject: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:02 pm

The information fields below are all optional. Akamaz had this on our old forums, just transfering it over with a few modifications.

You can either use this template or modify it to fit your specific game application or hero/villain characterization.

Once finished, please introduce yourselves in this thread here.

If you're accepted, your character application will be moved to Heroic Characters or Villainous Characters sections by a Mentor.

You'll then be given the Child of the Elements membership until you deicde you'd like to join a Committee. So good luck!

You can either copy and paste the information below or use the Quote Button and delete the [ quote ] marks [ / quote ] encasing text.

Wether you post in this thread or make a new one of your own is up to you. A new thread offers more replies, in-topic might not.

Examples Hero and Villain respectively below. Have fun!

Last edited by Morcalivan7 on Tue May 26, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

PostSubject: Re: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:13 am

Personal Information
Character Name: Morcalivan
Alter Ego: Marcus Alivan
Pronounciation: More-Ka-Le-Vin
Aliases / Nicknames: Morc, Boss, Bloodrise (Like Supes and Spidey, or Summers for Cyclops)
Place of Birth: Malkavia Island
Living Relatives: None
Personal Colors: Red and Black (most characters will have 1-3 main colours for their costumes over the years)

Powers, Skills and/ore Abilities
Core Origins: Mutation and Genetic Engineering (natural abilities, mutation, technology, magical, trained, etc.)
Combat Role: Ranged Offense / Control and Melee Combat (a main role, wether ranged, melee, control, support, offense, defense, stealth, etc.)
Combat Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Touch, Shadow and Solar Psionics, Nanorobotics, Regeneration, Solar Absorbtion and Teleportation
Other Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Telepathy, Telekenesis, Technokenesis, Martial Arts, and Several Sciences.
Any Weaknesses: Requires fresh blood to counter cell degredation and the more he uses shadowkenesis the more Lord Morcalivan wins.
(from meteorites to girlfriends, to simple arrogance or greed)

Physical Synopsis
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Build: Athletic
Eye Colour: Blood Red
Hair Colour: Blood Red
Race/Ethnicity: Human / Mutant / Alien

Mental Synopsis
Personality Keywords: Loner and Joker (describing your characters in just a few words)
Overall Personality: Multiple Personalities, read History for details. (a far more detailed description of your character's persoanlity)
Likes: Blood, Overcharge and Overheat (remember to write not what you, but what the character, likes)
Dislikes: His Shadow, Lord Morcalivan (anything from an object, a person, place, animal, a pimple or a personality trait, etc.)

Hero or Villain: Hero (Are you a child of the elements or a villain cloaked in shadow?)

Personal History or Origin Storyline: To be written.

As CotE is a multi-gaming Supergroup, we will need the following filled out so we can best gauge and guide you and character.

Gaming Subscriptions
Champions Online - Not yet Available
DC Universe Online - Not yet Available
Marvel Universe Online - Not yet Available
City of Heroes and Villains Online - Yes or No: No

Gaming Application For One of More Titles
Champions Online - Yes or No: Yes
DC Universe Online - Yes or No: No (I can always apply later, when the game's closer to release.)
Marvel Universe Online - Yes or No: No (Same as with DCUO)

If none of the above, please type Forum Only. Otherwise delete this line and hit reply.

Last edited by Morcalivan7 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:32 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

PostSubject: Re: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Personal Information
Character Name: Lord Morcalivan
Alter Ego: Marcus Alivan
Pronounciation: Lord More-Ka-Le-Vin
Aliases / Nicknames: Lord M, Leader, Morc, Bloodfall
Place of Birth: Great Eye aka Shadow Realm
Personal Colors: Black and Grey

Powers, Skills and/ore Abilities
Core Origins: Mutation
Combat Role: Ranged Offense and Control / Melee Defense
Combat Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Touch Psionics, Shadow Psionics, Minions and Decoys
Other Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Telepathy, Telekenesis, Technokenesis, Shadowkenesis, and many Sciences.
Any Weaknesses: Requires host, and degrades the new bodies. Requires lifeforce of others when not in body.

Physical Synopsis
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 0 lbs.
Eye Colour: Pitch Black
Hair Colour: None
Race/Ethnicity: Mutant / Phantom / Shadow

Mental Synopsis
Personality Keywords: Arrogant, Greedy, and Manipulative
Overall Personality: Intent of using others to further his goals. He sees others as pawns to his game of chess.
Likes: Anything that stirs his intellect and gives him a mental challenge.
Dislikes: His Weaker Half

Hero or Villain: Villain

Personal History or Origin Storyline: To be written.

Gaming Subscriptions
DC Universe Online - Not yet Available
City of Heroes and Villains Online - Yes or No: No

DC Universe Online - Yes or No: No
Marvel Universe Online - Yes or No: No

Last edited by Morcalivan7 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

PostSubject: Re: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:48 am

Reserved Post
Back to top Go down
vmoney48
Fan
Fan
vmoney48

PostSubject: Re: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Personal Information
Character Name: Order Sol
Alter Ego: Vincent king
Pronounciation: Or-der S-ol
Aliases / Nicknames: Sol, OS
Place of Birth: Mars.
Personal Colors: Blue and Red

Powers, Skills and/or Abilities
Core Origins: Mutation
Combat Role: Ranged Offense and Melee Offense
Combat Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Chain Lightning, Electric Bolt, Ice Blast, Blade Fury
Other Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Fire Flight, Super Recovery

Physical Synopsis
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eye Colour: White
Hair Colour: White
Race/Ethnicity: Mutant

Mental Synopsis
Personality Keywords: Honest, Helpful
Overall Personality: Helps out anyone in need.
Dislikes: boring fights.

Hero or Villain: Hero

Gaming Subscriptions
DC Universe Online -Not yet Available
City of Heroes and Villains Online - Yes or No: yes

DC Universe Online - Yes or No: No
Marvel Universe Online - Yes or No: No
Back to top Go down
Air Force
Fan
Fan
Air Force

PostSubject: Air Force hoping to join !!   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:38 am

Hidey ho folks,

Below you'll find my applicaiton for membership. I hope you find me acceptable as I'd love to be part of this super team. I've been following Yin's and Morc's posts for qutie some time and I've been impressed with both of them.

In addition, a bit about the real me.

My name is Lou and I'm 41 years old... I'll be 42 by the time CO is released. I'm married and the pride and joy of my life is my 7, soon to be 8, year old son.

I work as the Director of Software Quality Assurance for a company that writes software for the construction industry.

I love MMO gaming, reading tons of novels, and spending the bulk of my free time playing with my son.

I'm a very casual player and I'm lucky if I log 10 hours of gaming per week.

My typical play week is:

Sun/Mon/Wed - 8:00pm 'til 9:00pm Eastern

Fri - 8:30pm 'til Midnight or a bit later Eastern

Weekend day times - Just whenever I find time... and sometimes I don't find any No sometimes I find tons cheers

Tue/Thur - Wife Night I love you

Yin/Temperature, I'm the guy who /telled you on Friday night using the generic name "Wind Hero" and we spoke a bit about using the Force powerset for wind/air powers.

So, that's just a brief bit about me, now onto my character.

Thanks.

Personal Information

Character Name: Air Force <-- The name and back story came in large part due to my need to use the Force powerset to emulate as closely as possible an air/wind manipulating hero... I thought it was rather kitchey.
Alter Ego: Blake Trembly
Aliases / Nicknames: Air Head, Kid
Place of Birth: MacDill AFB, FL
Living Relatives: Parents; Jack and Beverly Trembly, Sister; Trisha Trembly, Brothers; Tim and Bobby Trembly
Personal Colors: White, Light Blue, Royal Blue

Powers, Skills and/or Abilities

Core Origins: Born with genetic mutation
Combat Role: Ranged Offense / Control / Support
Combat Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Manipulation and generation of air
Other Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Typical teenage skills; getting into trouble, heedless of personal safety… omnipotent and omniscient, hey… I’m 15… I know everything and I’m invulnerable.
Any Weaknesses: See above answer… he’s a teenager  Inexperienced, naïve, generally too trusting of everyone… all around general teenaged bonehead.

Physical Synopsis

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eye Color: Pale blue
Hair Color: Yellow/blond
Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian Human / Mutant

Mental Synopsis

Personality Keywords: Happy go lucky, jokester/prankster, carefree, trusting, generous, naïve.
Overall Personality: All around good kid and very likable
Likes: Using his powers to fly through the sky, caring for, watching, and playing with animals, as well as helping/defending people who can’t help or defend themselves.
Dislikes: Animal cruelty, mean spirited people, and selfishness. Oh, and Brussels Sprouts… I HATE Brussels Sprouts !!

Hero or Villain: Hero

Personal History or Origin Storyline:

Blake Trembly is the middle child and youngest son, of Jack and Beverly Trembly. Being the son of a Light Bird, (Lt. Colonel), top notch fighter pilot and squadron commander, in the US Air Force, Blake had always dreamed of one day flying jet fighters and soaring through the air free as a bird and defending his country just like his dad.

However, upon entering puberty around the age of 13 Blake’s dreams seemed to be at an end… or so he thought. Among the many changes that occur during puberty one of them for young Blake was the development of myopia… nearsightedness. While not crushing his dreams of joining the Air Force per se, you can’t be a fighter pilot without perfect 20/20 vision, so this did of course destroy his dreams of flying through the sky free as a bird. Or so he thought…

While other boys develop hair under their arms, a deepening voice, and an interest in females Blake too developed these traits… as well as others…

It began as just a whooshing of air around him at odd times as if the very air itself was giddy with excitement by his presence. Blake then began to notice that as his emotional state got stronger; whether with anger, excitement, or joy… the air would whoosh and spiral around him stronger and stronger, matching his emotional state.

One day it became so strong that Blake felt his feet lift from the ground and as he began to rise he became more and more frantic with fear… which only strengthened the cone of air that was lifting him higher and higher.

Blake closed his eyes and began chanting “This isn’t happening, this is a dream, I’m safe on the ground,” over and over again. Finally this calmed him and he felt the winds about him lessening. He opened his eyes and saw that he was gently returning to the Earth.

Scared, giddy with excitement and confusion, yet exhausted both physically and mentally Blake ran home, claimed to not be feeling well, and raced up to his room where he promptly fell into a deep sleep.

Though deep, Blake’s sleep was restless with dreams.

Dreams of him flying through the air… with NO jet fighter or airplane of any kind.

Dreams of him manipulating the wind and air about him; firing blasts of compressed air that hit things with extreme force, knocking them around and flinging them through the air.

Dreams of him lifting and moving various objects on cushions of air.

Dreams of him drawing the air from the lungs of those who sought to harm him or others; suffocating them until they fell unconscious and conversely dreams of him forcing air into the dying and resuscitating them.

Dreams of him compressing cocoons of air around his body allowing him to breathe underwater.

Dreams of complete mastery of wind and air…

Blake awoke feeling oddly refreshed despite his restless sleep and strange dreams.

Could it be? Could I be?

Blake ran out of the house yelling to his parents that he was late for meeting up with some friends… and would eat later in response to his mother’s anxious plea to eat some breakfast.

Blake ran to the junk yard just off post where he and his friends would hang out… after sneaking in through a hole in the fence at the back.

Alone amongst piles of junked cars and various machinery, Blake pointed his hands at a pile of debris and focused. He concentrated and urged his hands to… well… shoot something.

After several minutes of trying and nothing happening, Blake gave up in frustration.

Angry that both his dreams of becoming an Air Force fighter pilot and a fledgling superhero were both just that… dreams, Blake forcefully flung his arms down cursing himself and his stupid dreams… and was immediately and violently flung up into the air as blasts of tightly focused air blasted from his hands hitting the ground with great concussive force, flinging him skyward to land on his back.

Coughing from having the wind knocked out of him, (oddly enough), and laughing uncontrollably from realization of what happened Blake lay on the ground for several minutes composing himself.

Blake spent the rest of the day, well past dinner time, (boy was Mom gonna be ticked off !!), gaining some control over his newfound powers.

He could lift himself from the ground, fly a bit… though haphazardly… and land gently. He could push blasts of air from his hands flinging objects away from him. He even managed to lift objects by forming cushions of air under and around them and moving the cushion of air where he wished.

Blake was 13 years old then. Over the intervening years Blake gained more and more control over his powers. He could lift cars, blast piles of junk that weighed TONS. He could fly; quite quickly and agilely as a matter of fact, (who needs the Air Force anyway?).

Always having been a bit of a prankster, Blake would also use rather subtle applications of his powers to play jokes on people; blowing things from their hands and then watching as they chased them around always being blown just out of reach. He would even on occasion blast some gusts of air to lift the skirts of pretty girls as they walked by… he was after all a normal, healthy, 15 year old male… well… maybe not totally normal… but normal in most respects.

Having grown up reading and hearing of the adventures of the Champions it was only natural that Blake would wish to become a superhero himself, using his powers to help those who could not help themselves.

Over the next two years as his powers developed, Blake would often be caught day dreaming; dreaming of ways to use his powers, dreaming of becoming a superhero, and just generally doing the same day dreaming that many young male teenagers do… but more of it. Thus Blake picked up the nickname “Air Head” from his friends for always having his head in the clouds. His older brothers simply referred to him as “Kid.”

However, always having a love of the US Air Force… and of course being extremely proud of his dad and now both older brothers who joined the Air Force… Blake decided if he couldn’t JOIN the Air Force… he’d become the:

AIR FORCE !!

Gaming Subscriptions

Champions Online - Not yet Available but plan to purchase it.
DC Universe Online - Not yet Available… we’ll see about buying it.
Marvel Universe Online - Not yet Available… we’ll see about buying it.
City of Heroes and Villains Online – Yes, Champion server.

Champions Online - Yes
DC Universe Online - No (I can always apply later, when the game's closer to release.)
Marvel Universe Online - No: (Same as with DCUO)
City of Heroes and Villains Online – Yes, Champion server.
Back to top Go down
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

PostSubject: Re: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 pm

i likey, and im sure the rest of the team will agree, so on there behalf welcome to the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement   Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement Empty

Back to top Go down

Applying to the Children of the Elements / Shadow Movement
Page 1 of 1